We are a small, active club based in Burton on Trent, Staffordshire and aim to encourage mountaineering, rock climbing, winter climbing and hill walking.
Our current membership is approximately 50 members, encompassing a wide age range from 18 years old upwards, ensuring an informal and friendly club atmosphere where everyone is welcome. In addition to climbing, walking and mountaineering you will also find our members enjoy mountain biking, road cycling, skiing, slacklining, kayaking and scuba diving as well as the odd pint here and there!
We have a regular meets programme that consists of:
- Monthly weekend meets – Utilising climbing huts in North Wales, Lake District, Peak District, Yorkshire, Scotland and Southern England.
- Sunday Climbs – Making the most of the easy access to the Peak District
- Midweek Indoor Climbing – Usually Wednesday at one of various walls in Derby, Birmingham and Wirksworth
- Tuesday evening social – From 8:30pm on wards we can usually be found in the Burton Bridge Inn. This is the best opportunity to meet current club members and set plans in motion for whatever outdoor ventures you have in mind.
- Trips abroad – The Ecrin, Chamonix, Costa Blanca, Kalymnos…
Find out more about membership.